GMLPC Contractor Support
GMLPC Listening Forum for Contractors
GMLPC held a listening forum in March 2023 in order for us to better understand the specific concerns of our contractors. Thank you to all that attended on the day.
As part of the event, there were discussions around the challenges caused by prices and stock fluctuations, an increasing workload, and significant financial pressures. We also received feedback that many of these concerns are now having a detrimental impact on the health and wellbeing of contractors and pharmacy teams.
These findings are in line with the experience of contractors across the country, as identified by polling that took place during PSNC’s webinars towards the end of last year which found that 88% of attendees said they were losing money, and many more are experiencing capacity issues.
GMLPC hosted it’s second contractor drop-in call on Tuesday 26th April 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
Thank you to all that attended the session. The call provided an insight into the support we can offer contractors during this challenging time and gave contractors a chance to raise their key concerns.
During the session the LPC provided key updates in relation to:
- ICS engagement, funding Bids and national services
- GP CPCS
- Contractor support tools
- MP engagement
- Contractor engagement survey
If you were unable to attend the session, a recording is now available for you to watch on-demand.
The meeting presentation is also now available for download.
If you have not done so already, please complete the short feedback form. We would really value your feedback on this event to help us get a better understanding of your thoughts regarding the session and enable us to make the next event even better!
Our next drop-in session will take place in July. Please look out for further details via our comms channels!
GMLPC hosted a contractor drop-in call on Tuesday 18th January 2022 via Microsoft Teams.
The call provided an insight into the support we can offer contractors during this challenging time and gave contractors a chance to raise their key concerns. Some of the key concerns raised were as follows:
• PQS and the difficulties pharmacies are facing in trying to complete the criteria required.
• High locum rates are leading to pharmacy closures in some instances if cover is not secured.
• Entering MYS data for the Lateral Flow Distribution service is extremely time consuming. This issue is on the national radar but there has not been a definitive answer yet about whether this requirement will be stepped down.
• Pharmacies are ready to deliver the Covid vaccination programme but have been told that service provision in already sufficient. The COVID programme may become a yearly requirement similar to the Flu service and pharmacy will then have more opportunity to be involved.
Click here to view and download the full presentation. This includes a range of key resources, wellbeing support tool and support helpline numbers for contractors. In order to support contractors we will be running these drop-in calls on a quarterly basis. Details relating to the next session will be announced in April. Please look out for updates on this in our newsletters and on our website.