World Antimicrobial Resistance Awareness Week: 18th – 24th November 2023
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) is one of the top 10 global public health threats and we need to act now to preserve antibiotics for the future.
Greater Manchester is one of the highest antibiotic prescribing areas in England.
How can Community Pharmacy help?
You’re the first port of call for minor and self-limiting conditions and support patients to selfcare for many infections supporting the no-antibiotic approach.
Below are a list of actions that you can take to help support this cause without creating any additional workload for you and your teams.
- Complete your 2023/24 PQS antibiotic audit and complete your action plan
- Use the TARGET antibiotic checklist for all antibiotic prescriptions issued during this week.
- Review your practise relating to the TARGET UTI and RTI leaflets
- Ensure all staff have received training in infection prevention control and/or antimicrobial stewardship.
- Encourage all patient facing staff to make a pledge on the antibiotic guardians’ website Antibiotic Guardian – Pledge to be an Antibiotic Guardian