Foundation Training Grant Payments: Go-live and Submission Dates Update
From Thursday 14 September, contractors will be able to complete their training grant applications entirely online for immediate submission to NHSBSA.
Action: Please submit your grant application as soon as possible. Those contractors with trainees who started in July 2023 and who submit between 14th September and 23.59 on 21st September will receive their July payment in October.
Any technical queries with the MYS portal should be addressed to email@example.com.
Oriel Registration for Trainee Pharmacists – July 2023 Start
Resources for employers keen to recruit pre-reg trainees
Pharmacy employers can now register to recruit pre-reg trainees via Oriel for the 2020/21. Registration opened in January 2019. If you would like to recruit pre-reg trainees via Oriel (rather than independently) in summer 2020, you must register by 1st March 2019. We have produced some briefings to help contractors/pharmacy managers understand more about the national Oriel system for recruiting pre-reg pharmacist trainees – this system was used for the first time in community pharmacy in 2018 but is likely to gain in popularity and become increasingly important.
Recorded webinar & guidance on using Oriel to recruit pre-reg trainees:
In this GM Healthcare Academy, guest presenter Khalid Khan – Training Programme Director for Pre-Reg (North West), Health Education England – explains:
- What Oriel is
- Why pharmacy students choose it to find their placements
- Pros & cons for pharmacy employers, compared with direct recruitment
- Application deadlines
- How to market your placement successfully, so it’s attractive to trainees
- Employer handbook – incl how to register your placement
- What pharmacy students want from their placement
- GPhC guidance on supervising pharmacy professionals in training
GMLPC bite-sized guides to Oriel:
- Registering to recruit pre-reg trainees via Oriel for 2020/21 intake (9th Jan 2019)
- Introduction to Oriel (3rd Oct 2018)
- Why pharmacy students might use Oriel (31st Oct 2018)
- What Oriel means for pharmacy employers (14th Nov 2018)
Resources for pre-reg trainees
CPPE now publish a newsletter for pre-reg trainees. You can access copies of the newsletter here:
HEE – Help Shape Post-Registration Training
If you’d like to contribute to helping HEE identify gaps/needs around post-registration education and training, please contact Rachel MacDonald at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07990019360