GMLPC is Changing
Following PSNC’s decision to rebrand as Community Pharmacy England we’re pleased to announce that, after a unanimous vote by committee members, we’ll be rebranding to Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester (CPGM).
- Read about this exciting announcement and view our new branding!
Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester is the statutory organisation representing community pharmacists in our area. We represent our pharmacy members in discussions with the NHS, local authorities and partners to plan and agree local services.
- Mission: Representing and enabling our members to support their patients and communities to improve health outcomes and well-being through integrated working within the GM Integrated Care System (ICS).
- Our vision: To empower and enable Community Pharmacy to improve health in our local communities now and in the future.
- Values: Ethical, Innovative, Collaborative, Supportive, Responsive, Progressive
Urgent Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
In the event that you, a member of your team or a patient requires urgent support, we have collated a range of resources and key contacts for you.
- If in need of immediate support please call the Samaritans helpline on: 116 123. It is freely available 24/7 to support anybody in crisis.
- If you need someone to talk to, the NHS have introduced a confidential text support service, you can access support 24/7 by texting FRONTLINE to 85258.
Managing a Temporary Pharmacy Closure
If an emergency situation means a pharmacy needs to close for a short period, there are actions a contractor needs to undertake to ensure patients are able to access their prescriptions and that the contractor’s business can resume easily and effectively once the emergency has passed.
- Read the PSNC Briefing 024/22 Emergency closure checklist
- Download posters to display in the pharmacy
We are Here to Help
- In order to support contractors, our staff have recently taken part in Mental Health First Aid training.
- If you are struggling with your mental health and would like some support, please get in touch.
Pharmacy First Service Announcement & Webinars – Book Now!
Community Pharmacy England has reached agreement with Government and the NHS on the launch of a new national Pharmacy First service as well as other…
GM December Deadline Tracker
The December Deadline Tracker is now available to view. Please use the link down below. GM December Deadline Tracker
Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Clarithromycin 250mg and 500mg tablets (Strandhaven Ltd t/a Somex Pharma Ltd)
Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Clarithromycin 250mg and 500mg tablets (Strandhaven Ltd t/a Somex Pharma Ltd) Drug alert number: EL(23)A/42 Date issued: 06 December 2023…
Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Tramadol Hydrochloride 50mg capsules (Strandhaven Ltd t/a Somex Pharma Ltd)
Class 4 Medicines Defect Information: Tramadol Hydrochloride 50mg capsules (Strandhaven Ltd t/a Somex Pharma Ltd) Drug alert number: EL(23)A/41 Date issued: 06 December 2023 The…